Tuesday, July 22, 2014

What Crunchy Moms Do

This whole "crunchy" thing, both makes me cringe and makes me laugh. 
 
The thing about being "crunchy" is it's being made into a fad.
I heard someone say "Oh I just started being crunchy."
What?
 
I think it's a thing that either you are or you aren't.
You don't just become.
 
Even as a child, I remember being grossed out about pesticides (which I didn't know where called pesticides).  I just knew when I went to eat a grape and my mom yelled not to eat it, because she didn't wash it yet, and it had chemicals on it.
What?
Why would they put chemicals on my grapes!?  And then say it's healthy?!
 
 
I also noticed, during conversation with other moms, that things I do (and I think are just normal) would get the response "Oh you're one of those hippie, crunchy moms."
 
Really?
 
So what exactly are "crunchy" things?
 
  1. Natural birth/home birth
  2. Co sleeping
  3. Breastfeeding, especially extended breastfeeding
  4. Babywearing
  5. Non Vax
  6. Delayed/selected vaccinations
  7. Cloth diapering, cloth wipes, wipe solution
  8. Kombucha & Kefir
  9. Make your own kombucha & kefir
  10. Make your own diapers and wipes
  11. Coconut oil- for everything
  12. Essential oils
  13. Make your own cleaning products, sunscreen, bug spray, body scrub, coffee creamer, beauty products etc
  14. Anti RIC
  15. Wool dryer balls
  16. Reusable bags
  17. Extended Rear Facing
  18. Organic food
  19. Grows own food
  20. Raises chickens
  21. Milk, other then cow's milk (coconut, almond, goat)
  22. GMO free food
  23. Amber Teething Necklaces
  24. Baltic Amber Necklaces for other then the baby
  25. Frequently uses the term "big pharma"
  26. Sewing
  27. Spirulina
  28. Hypno babies
  29. Glass jars- tons of them, eliminating plastic
  30. Unpaper towels
  31. Knows at least 5 things that will increase milk supply
  32. Homeschools/unschools (or has considered it)
  33. Bradley Method
  34. Canning
  35. Lactation cookies
  36. Ina May Gaskin
  37. Cooks only with cast iron- or primarily
Please add on, for fun!




     

No comments:

Post a Comment